The best bingo software platforms are in high demand. The reason is that in addition to casino and sportsbook entertainment, online bingo is another form of gambling activity that has grown in popularity over the years.
In fact, bingo is big business in the United Kingdom. According to a Statista report, from October 2018 to September 2019, bingo in the UK generated more than £1 billion in revenue.
Today, there are iGaming operators who combine bingo with other gambling offerings like casinos, sports betting, lotteries, etc. and those who simply run bingo-only sites. Either way, there’s money to be made as an online bingo operator and if you’re interested in cutting yourself a piece of this pie, you may be curious to know who has the best platforms in the industry.
What Makes for a Great Bingo Platform?
Before we take a look at the iGaming software developers who can provide you with the best bingo software platforms, first it is important to understand what makes a digital bingo platform great.
As is the case when offering any iGaming product, if you want to operate a legal and successful business, you’ll want to make sure that your site is equipped with certain key components. Therefore, it is imperative that you choose a platform that provides the following features.
Just like slots, casino games and sports betting, there is more than one type of bingo game. When you are able to offer different variants, your brand has a greater chance of appealing to the interest of a greater number of players. Although there are different variations, the most popular bingo games include:
- 75-Ball Bingo – Also known as American Bingo, it is the most popular version of the game. It is the simplest form of bingo and uses 75 balls and has a 5×5 grid with a “Free” square in the centre. The object of the game is to match the numbers according to the predetermined pattern.
- 80-Ball Bingo – A twist on the original game, this version of bingo has more balls and tends to be preferred by players who are seeking something a little more fast-paced than 90-ball bingo. This variant uses a 4×4 grid with a total of 16 numbers and the objective is to be the first player to complete a line, column or diagonal line.
- 90-Ball Bingo – The second most popular variant, 90-ball is a longer game than 75-ball bingo and often has bigger prizes. It uses as 9×3 grid and each line has 5 numbers for a total of 15 numbers. This game is played in stages. Players can win for each line that is completed and then there is also a prize for the first player to finish the full card.
- Social Bingo – Many bingo sites also host social bingo rooms, giving online and mobile players the chance to chat and communicate with other players. Socializing is a traditional component of playing in bingo halls. This feature brings this to the online world. In fact, many of the world’s most popular bingo sites take social bingo one step further and feature their own online bingo community. These communities work similarly to a live chat feature, letting players chat with each other and comment on bingo plays. They are particularly popular among avid players and enthusiasts.
As for popular game providers who offer bingo games, among the top-rated include:
- Yggdrasil Gaming
- Pragmatic Play
- Play’n GO
If you’re wondering why Microgaming didn’t make the list, that’s because while it used to have a renowned bingo network, according to a report from Gaming Intelligence, the company closed its bingo network in the first quarter of 2020, six months after closing its poker network. Microgaming now focuses on providing only online casino content.
Being licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction is a must if you want to legally and responsibly provide online bingo entertainment to your targeted audience.
The best online bingo software platforms that offer white label solutions will provide you with the license that you need. However, if you are choosing to opt for a turnkey solution or will be simply adding a bingo offering to your existing site, you may be required to obtain your own license to provide bingo in certain jurisdictions.
It’s always important to check if a jurisdiction requires a specific license from its own government regulator (e.g. UK, Sweden, Denmark, etc.). Without the appropriate license, you can be heavily fined.
Bingo payment methods
If you want to turn a profit, you need to offer real money bingo games. To do this you will need a payment processing solution, either provided by a B2B iGaming software provider or by obtaining your own payment system acquired through a merchant account.
It is important to provide different payment options so that players have diverse methods from which to choose, including credit cards, debit cards, eWallets, prepaid cards, bank transfers, mobile payments and so on.
Additionally, if you are targeting a certain jurisdiction, providing popular or local payment methods for players is also a great idea. For instance, one of the most popular markets for online bingo is the UK where there are a variety of online bingo networks. As such, if you want to appeal to British players, popular payment methods to include are Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and Paysafecard.
Another option when it comes to payments is Bitcoin. More and more operators are choosing to run Bitcoin bingo sites, either by including cryptocurrenices among the different banking options or making cryptocurrencies the only available payment method. The one advantage of Bitcoin-only gambling sites is that you don’t require a license.
Whatever road you choose to take, remember that anti-fraud and high security protocols are a must to keep both your business and your players safe.
Keeping players happy isn’t only about offering a variety of bingo games, it’s also about keeping them engaged and interested with various types of promotions. There are a number of different marketing strategies that can be employed including:
- Welcome offer – Special promotions for new players, such as a no-deposit or deposit money bonus to play on bingo games. Many welcome offers also include free spins as it is popular for online bingo rooms to feature slots and instant win games in addition to bingo.
- Ongoing promotions – Special promotions occurring weekly or daily or all the time, such as cash back, free spins, bonuses, refer a friend, etc.
- Bingo tournaments – Weekly and/or daily tournaments where players can enter and compete to win prizes, etc.
- Loyalty rewards – A points-based system that gives players the chance for more rewards the more they play.
- VIP – A VIP reward system for high rollers, offering them exclusive perks and bonuses.
- Affiliate marketing – Join an affiliate network or have an affiliate program so that your brand can be promoted by affiliates who earn a commission for every new player they bring to your site.
- CRM – Customer relationship management (CRM) is a software that helps you get the most out of your players lifetime value by tracking their preferences, playing behaviours and trends. It can also connect you with your players through diverse channels such as email, SMS, and push notifications to inform them about campaigns and targeted offers.
Combined, the purpose of these various marketing strategies is to help you boost your conversion and retention rates so that your online bingo site can be as profitable as it can be for the long term.
Support needs to be provided to your players, ideally 24/7 support that includes both email and live chat. The best bingo software platforms will either provide you with this service as part of their solution or they will connect you with a reputable third-party who can help you out.
In terms of obtaining support yourself, the B2B bingo platform provider you choose should be there for you when you need them, whenever you need them, regardless if you are having trouble with your site or if you simply have a question.
Flexible front end and strong back office
It doesn’t matter if you’re building your online bingo room from the ground up or if you are obtaining help via a bingo white label or turnkey solution, you require a user-friendly front end. You need a front end that allows you the flexibility to create a unique theme for your brand or a smooth API integration to add bingo games to your existing iGaming site.
In addition to providing easy navigation and a seamless user experience across multiple channels (e.g. desktop, tablet and mobile), a strong back end with the necessary reporting tools and analytics features will help you to run a quality operation that gives you the power to learn and grow your business from the valuable data that you collect.
Best Online Bingo Platforms
While there are many iGaming software providers that offer bingo games as part of their platform, every one of the platforms mentioned below meet the criteria mentioned above, which is why they have been selected as being among the best in the business.
Home to one of the world’s leading bingo network, the Dragonfish Bingo Network is one of the best and one of the most thriving in its class. That’s because it includes over 140 partner brands, daily overall jackpots rising to £1,000,000 progressive jackpots, a configurable bonus program, pre-purchase rooms, and an automated loyalty points system.
Dragonfish provides bingo software to some of the largest names in the online bingo industry, among these well-known online bingo rooms include Wink Bingo, Robin Hood Bingo and 888Ladies.
The Dragonfish bingo platform combines dynamic game content with its advanced chat features and its experience of integrating strong social and community features into the bingo sites of its partners. As a client, you have the option of choosing a standalone network or the choice to join Dragonfish’s open network.
The fully regulated and scalable bingo software solution includes classic and 75-ball and 90-ball bingo variants, a flexible front end, back office, financial risk management, chat hosting services, support, licenses, CRM, affiliate marketing, etc.
Another of the industry’s well-respected online bingo networks is powered by Jumpman Gaming. This company has made a name for itself by delivering quality bingo software that includes games, guaranteed jackpots and chat.
Its bingo network, known as the “15 Network” includes a group of bingo sites that are extremely popular in the UK. Some of the sties in this network include: Mirror Bingo, Zeus Bingo, OK Bingo, and Dove Bingo.
Jumpman Gaming’s online bingo games include 75-ball and 90-ball as well as guaranteed jackpots, with progressive jackpots reaching tens of thousands of pounds. There are also chat windows that allow players to interact with everyone else who is in the room, with dedicated hosts for each of the major games. Additionally, sites that run the company’s software deliver a range of tailored perks to players, including everything from bonuses and cashback on losses to charity donations for every cash deposit.
Jumpman’s bingo product is flexible, includes support, license, payments, CRM, KYC checks and a strong backend.
While Tain primarily provides online gaming platforms for casinos and sportsbooks, it also offers extra, among which include a selection of bingo games with life changing prizes as well as some of the most attractive promotions in the industry.
Via the Tain bingo solution, operators can adjust the available products to suit their specific brand requirements to enjoy a bespoke appearance and feel. Using their platform, you can incorporate your own bingo content provider or integrate Playtech Bingo.
Playtech Bingo is one of the largest bingo communities in the world and offers a massive selection of omni-channel (desktop, tablet and mobile) bingo games. Its UK bingo network is perhaps the largest of its kind and is composed of over 100 different brands, managing over 100,000 daily players and 20,000 daily concurrent players. Among its bingo games include variants of 90-ball, 80-ball, and 75-ball bingo. Additionally, Playtech develops, produces and manages branded rooms, featuring games within these room that are inspired by popular gameshows and television programs like Coronation Street Bingo and Emmerdale Bingo.
Nektan is relatively new to the online bingo world and launched a mobile-first bingo product in 2019 that is available across its white label network of casino sites. This new bingo product comes from Pragmatic Play and has been designed specifically for mobile bingo players. In addition to providing an in-game lobby on mobile, it also features an extensive range of mini games that can be accessed by players alongside the community bingo games.
Pragmatic Play delivers a fresh bingo experience, allowing operators seamless access to a highly customizable bingo offering. Game variants include 75-ball, 90-ball, 80-ball, 50-ball and 30-ball. There is also Bingo Blast, which is a mobile-first, simple bingo game that is up to 4x faster than 90-ball bingo, making it an ideal game to enjoy on the go.
Choosing the Best Bingo Software Platform
Beyond the facts and fundamentals of knowing what to look for when starting your business, ultimately, what’s important when it comes to finding the best bingo software platform is to:
- Explore your options
- Send messages and inquiries to the platform providers that interest you
- Choose the B2B Bingo software company that makes the most sense to your business budget, values and goals
TCS can assist you in your quest by providing you with iGaming software platform reviews as well as other helpful insights and information to make searching for the information you need and want a breeze. It’s all here in one convenient location, right at your fingertips.