Top Casino Solutions understands that not everyone is familiar with the business side of online gambling and casinos. To help get your feet wet, we’ve created this fundamental online casino software FAQ that provides clear answers to the most commonly asked questions entrepreneurs tend to have when starting an online casino business.
Online casino software that is required to run a legal online gambling business is an ecosystem of various elements that can range from platforms, products and services to reporting tools, CRM analytics, responsible gaming protocols and beyond.
The majority of existing online casinos do not develop their own software. Instead, they use software solutions that have been developed or supplied by a third-party provider. In some cases, the software developer provides the casino with its own in-house proprietary products, while in other cases the supplier may offer its own software in combination with its third-party partners’ software/products (e.g. casino games, payment gateway, marketing system, CRM, affiliate program, back office, etc.).
Regardless of the supplier, how online casino software works to enable an operator to run an efficient and legal casino today, is with the following components and features:
· A flexible and user-friendly front end
· A strong back end with reporting tools and analytics to track trends, customer behavior, etc.
· A server
· A Payment gateway that allows for secure and swift transactions to support different payment methods (e.g. credit/debit cards, eWallets, prepaid cards, bank transfer, cryptocurrencies, etc.)
· Instant play (no download required) casino games equipped with certified fair and tested RNG (Random Number Generator) software
· Fraud prevention and industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption protocols
· An operating license(s) for the appropriate jurisdiction(s)
· Responsible gambling measures and age/ID verification protocols
· Customer service
· Customer acquisition and retention strategies (marketing)
· Multiple channel functionality (e.g. web, mobile tablet)
Many iGaming providers who have developed their own casino software and/or partner with other software suppliers, offer B2B solutions that make it easy for those new to the online gambling industry to launch a white label casino or build and customize their own casino with a turnkey solution. Some of these providers can also help operators add additional products or services to their existing brand through self-service solutions and API integration.
B2B gambling software is the gambling-related platform, products and services provided/sold by an iGaming software developer and/or provider to a client or partner who is running their own business. In most cases, the client/partner (e.g. you) is buying software from the B2B operator for the client/partner’s own B2C online gambling operations.
In case it is unclear, here is the basic difference between B2B and B2C online casino operators:
B2B Operators – Business-to-Business (B2B) online gambling operators can be either:
– An operator that has a contract with the players directly through a white label casino site that is run by a third party (e.g. you).
– An online provider of gambling services who licenses the products they offer to gambling operators (e.g. you) without a direct contract with that operator’s end-user customers (players).
B2C Operators – Business-to-Consumer (B2C) online gambling operators have their own website presence and enter into a direct contract with the customers (players) who are the end-users of their products or services.
Basically, any iGaming provider that sells software, products or services to other online gambling businesses (including a pre-made, ready-to-launch white label casino the supplier owns, but that is run by a third party), is a B2B operator. That said there are B2B operators who are also B2C operators who run their own one casino site or network in direct contract with the players.
However, in any case, if you are purchasing online gambling software (white label or other solution) you will need to purchase it from a B2B supplier that has a legitimate B2B license(s).
A great provider is one that offers their clients and/or partners with innovative software, products and services that are diverse, user-friendly, practical and fully compliant with industry regulations.
Some characteristics of exceptional online casino software providers include, but are not necessarily limited to:
· A wide range of gambling products and/or solutions including white label, turnkey and API integration
· An array of games (1,000+ as well as live casino games) from a variety of top industry and award-winning providers (e.g. NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Yggdrasil, Evolution, IGT, etc.)
· A payment gateway with a variety of payment methods (e.g. credit/debit cards, bank transfer, prepaid cards, bank transfer, cryptocurrency, and so on)
· Various marketing solutions (e.g. bonus/promotion engines, CRM, VIP/loyalty programs, affiliate programs, etc.)
· Customizable front end with gamification options
· Back office with various reporting tools
· Licenses (either included or support to obtain one) that allow for dynamic localization to reach multiple gambling markets
· Support for multiple languages and multiple currencies
· Player customer service and client customer service (ideally 24/7 and multilingual)
· Support for multiple platforms (e.g. desktop, mobile web, mobile app, tablet, etc.)
· Competitive pricing
As long as you choose a legal and professional casino software provider that offers legitimate products and services (in-house or third party) with up-to-date licenses from industry-recognized regulators (e.g. Malta, UK, Gibraltar, Alderney, Curacao, etc.) there should be nothing to worry about.
As is the case when dealing with any company from which you may purchase products, services or enter a contract, make sure you read the fine print. This includes:
· Take the time to research who the company is and learn about their reputation in the industry, including what other online casino brands and companies they own or partner with.
· Find out if there have been any complaints made about the company and, if so, how these complaints were resolved.
· If you are purchasing a solution, find out exactly what is included, learn what costs and fees are involved (both one-time fees and ongoing costs), and understand the policies and any terms and conditions that may be tied to the partnership (including how much of a cut the company may take for a white label or turnkey solution).
· If you will be using the provider’s existing license(s), discover what these license(s) are and learn about the regulator who has granted them.
· A reputable company should provide you with a free quote or a free demo for the solution that interests you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Ultimately, it pays to shop around before you settle on any one provider. The more you know, the better you can protect yourself, find what you want, and increase your chances of running a successful business.
The short answer is that the best online gaming software providers are any of the providers TCS reviews, because we only review the very best!
The long and more practical answer is that the best online gaming software providers are those that can offer you the best solution and/or API integration that is the most sensible for:
· Your business desires and goals
· Your budget
· Your knowledge of the industry and your experience
· Driving your iGaming operation toward growth and success
You may have been hoping for a more definitive answer, but the reality is that, aside from knowing what characteristics can make an online casino software provider great, choosing the best provider is a personal decision. In other words, what may be the optimal provider for someone else, won’t necessarily be the ideal one for you.
Another tip to keep in mind is if you think or know that you will be interested in offering your players gambling products beyond casino content, you might want to think about choosing a provider that can deliver other options as well, such as poker, virtual sports, sportsbook, social gaming, bitcoin-only solutions, etc.
Still, what it all boils down to is that what makes one company the best for you isn’t only about their rating, how many awards they’ve won, or their extensive offering, it’s about how well what they offer suits your specific needs and goals. For this reason, we highly recommend that when you do come across a company you like via our reviews or on your own, you get in touch with the company, request a quote or a demo and then decide from your experience if you’ve found the right match.
Nowadays the question isn’t really which casino game software is available for mobile, but which ones are not. Mobile gambling has rapidly evolved over the years and today most casino game software providers have developed their products to be either mobile-first or mobile compatible, with the vast majority of games being created using HTML5 software.
That said, prime examples of top providers of mobile casino games software include:
· NextGen Gaming
· Play’n GO
· Real Time Gaming
· ELK Studios
· Blueprint Gaming
Not only can this list of slots and virtual casino game providers go on and on, but the major suppliers of live dealer games have also made their live casino platforms available for mobile, such as Evolution Gaming, NetEnt Live, Ezugi and XPG.
Yes, it can. The type of casino software you use can have an impact on how quickly payments are processed and how quickly players can play with deposited funds or receive their withdrawn funds.
For instance, a software provider that includes Trustly’s Pay N Play lets players play instantly with one quick deposit from the bank and withdraw instantly. No lengthy registration is required.
With that said, how quickly payments are processed may depend on certain factors, such as:
· The type of payment processor that is used
· The type of payments available
· The type of customer verification ID process in place
· The hours of operation of the team responsible for handing withdrawal request
Beyond that, payout times are also dependent on the type of payment a customer uses. Different financial institutions have their own rules and regulations in place that vary from one to the next. Therefore, how quickly a customer receives a withdrawal once it has been processed can be anywhere from a matter of a day or less up to seven business days.
A white label software solution includes everything you need to run a legitimate online casino. It includes the platform, license, web hosting, payment gateway, games, marketing and customer service. It is a pre-made product that you purchase from an iGaming software provider. In essence, it is an online franchise that you buy and rebrand as your own to make it look like a fresh casino; you run the casino but the provider controls everything else.
White label casinos are quick to launch and are among the cheaper casino products available. That said, the provider of these solutions takes a notable cut of the profits.
Turnkey casino software is a customizable solution that provides you with flexibility and control over the iGaming provider’s turnkey software platform. You have the freedom to choose the design of the platform as well as the features and services (games, payments, etc.) according to your preferences. You are also responsible for obtaining your own license (it is not included), marketing and any other components you want for your brand (either from the same provider or another supplier).
A turnkey solution makes it easy to build your own casino without having to build the software directly from scratch. You will own and operate your casino and take most of the revenue with only a small percentage given to the solution provider.
The best place to buy software is through reputable iGaming developers and providers of gambling products and solutions like the ones we review. Top Casino Solutions is a great place to start your search because we only review and recommend legal and trusted providers.
Still, remember that it’s sensible to have an idea about your business goals and learn about the different providers that interest you before you make any final decisions. Competition is high, and you have plenty of choices. There is no need to rush. Take the time to shop around and obtain quotes and demos. After all, before making a huge business investment, its worth exploring your options.
We wish you the best of luck with your endeavours and hope you’ve found this online casino software FAQ helpful. Of course, if you have a question for us and would like to get in touch directly, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We’re always here for you! Have a question or just want to get in touch? Drop us an email any time.