A huge step in ensuring a successful and thriving online casino is making sure that you have the best game providers. After all, without games, you don’t have a casino. Of course, it takes more than just having any old slots and table games available to your players. If you want to keep their interest and expand your customer base, you’ll need to offer a diverse range of quality entertainment that appeals to your target market, is continually fresh and engaging and keeps them coming back for more. Here, Top Casino solutions will provide you with some information about today’s best game providers used by the best online casinos.
What are Game Providers?
Casino game providers are companies who supply gaming content to casino operators. These providers may also be game developers, which means that in addition to supplying content, they also create games in-house, developing the software that they feature on their platform.
Some providers create and supply only their in-house games on their gaming platform, while others create games in-house but also have formed major partnerships with larger providers to be able to appear on a more popular platform.
For instance, Swedish iGaming company Just for the Win is a slots developer that has partnered with Isle of Man-based gambling giant Microgaming to be able to have its games featured on Microgaming’s Quickfire platform. Quickfire is one of the industry’s most popular platforms as it is used by over 400 brands.
Theses types of partnerships are common and create a win-win for both companies. The reason is that by being featured on a larger platform, smaller game providers are able to have their games reach a larger audience, while the larger company has the advantage of being able to continuously deliver fresh content to its clients.
Different Types of Gaming Content
If you are new to the world of iGaming, what you will quickly discover is that not all game software providers are created equal. Some produce higher quality games than others and some have a larger game variety than others. Certain providers specialize in a particular type of game (e.g. slots or live dealer games), some produce games that are popular in certain jurisdictions, while others dabble in a variety of genres or may be focused on a mobile-only experience.
The online casino industry is big business, which has led to a large and growing number of game developers in the iGaming market. As such, you will find that there is plenty of competition among companies developing casino gaming products. This means that there are plenty of software options, to the point that choosing a provider can be overwhelming.
That said, first things first, before deciding on a gaming provider, it first helps to narrow down your decision by deciding on what type of gambling entertainment you want to provide your players.
Here’s a list of the different types of online casino-related games available:
- Slots – There are thousands of online slot games. Slots are easily the most popular of all casino games and have the biggest variety. There are classic 3-reel slots, video slots with multiple paylines and reels, 3D graphic slots, branded slots (those based on popular films, TV shows, comic characters, etc.), and so on. The various themes, graphics, animations, sounds and bonus features (e.g. free spins, multipliers, bonus mini games, etc.) of slots keep players engaged and entertained.
- Jackpots – Jackpot games are usually online slot machines (although may include other games as well, e.g. Progressive Blackjack). Jackpot games feature one or more progressive money prizes. A progressive jackpot continues to grow in amount until one lucky player hits the big prize. Sometimes these jackpots can be worth over a million dollars.
- Table & Card Games – Virtual table and card games include popular favourites like Roulette, Craps, Baccarat, Blackjack, and Poker. Most casinos that offer these types of games have several variants of Roulette and Blackjack (e.g. European Roulette, American Roulette, Mini Roulette, American Blackjack, Blackjack Turbo, Atlantic City Blackjack, etc.)
- Video Poker – Video poker is also quite popular with both single and multi-hand versions of these games available. Aces & Faces, Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, and Joker Poker are popular variants of video poker.
- Live Casino Games – These are games that provide online players with the most authentic land-based casino experience on a digital platform. They include card and table games (e.g. Live Blackjack, Live Baccarat, Live Roulette, etc.) as well as other interactive games like those involving a money wheel. Live games are broadcasted live and in real time from gambling studios. These games include human dealers or game hosts who manage gameplay while they interact with players through live chat.
- Other games – Keno, Bingo, Scratch Cards, Arcade Games, etc. are other types of gambling entertainment that can be added to your site to provide additional fun to a player who seeks a different style of gaming.
- Mobile Games – Today, more and more game providers are choosing HTML5 platforms and are developing games that are mobile first, allowing them to be seamlessly enjoyed across multiple channels (e.g. online, mobile-web, mobile app). Slots, jackpots, virtual table and card games as well as live games can all be accessed via iOS and Android smartphone and tablet devices.
The Industry’s Most Popular Game Providers
suppliers of games deliver the same level of quality or the same number of
games. There are certain award-winning providers who stand out from the crowd
and are recognized as true leaders in their field.
Here’s a look at five of the industry’s top game providers:
Since 1996, NetEnt (the Net Entertainment) has evolved into one of the best software providers in the online gambling industry. This Sweden-based brand is a multi award-winner and has over 200 games, including some that have set the standard for ingenuity and quality and remain popular today, such as Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, and Jack and the Beanstalk.
The company has also created the NetEnt Rocks series, which features a group of slots based on iconic rockers Guns N’ Roses, Jimmy Hendrix and Motörhead. Additionally, this game provider is known for its NetEnt Touch mobile slots and its live games produced under its NetEnt Live brand.
A true legend and a true pioneer in the industry, Microgaming is recognized as being the first to launch an online casino, which it did way back in 1994! Now, with well over 500 of its own games, including slots and table games, as well as a number of partners using its famous Quickfire platform, it is a true giant in the industry.
Based in the Isle of Man, Microgaming is known for producing high-quality games, including branded slots (Jurassic World, Game of Thrones), popular slots (Thunderstruck II, Immortal Romance) and the most famous progressive jackpot network, which, to date, has paid out over €1 billion. Among the most famous of its progressive jackpots is Mega Moolah, which has made multiple millionaires. Microgaming releases new games monthly with dual release on desktop and mobile.
Founded in 1997, Play’n GO is based in Sweden. Although it is not the industry’s largest software vendor by any means, with only over 100 games to its name, its major claim to fame is for being the first online game developer to move into the mobile casino games arena. It has won the International Gaming Awards (IGA) “Mobile Product of the Year” award more than once.
Play’n GO may not have as many games as some of the other top game providers, but it remains a leader in producing high-quality mobile-first casino games that are incredibly popular with players. Among these include Rich Wilde and the Book of Dead and the unique slot Gemix, which has an unsual 7×7 grid that resembles King’s uber-popular tile-matching video game Candy Crush Saga.
in 2013 and based out of Malta, Yggdrasil Gaming has quickly risen in prestige and
popularity and has become one of the most respected game providers in the
industry for its ability to appeal to players.
Although the provider’s game portfolio has yet to hit 100, it’s more than 70 video slots have been designed with excellent themes, crisp graphics and brilliant features that have achieved player interaction and retention. Yggdrasil’s games are interesting and memorable and include some of the most popular slots to date, such as its Viking slots trilogy: Vikings Go Wild, Vikings Go Berzerk and Vikings Go To Hell.
Launching in 2006, Evolution Gaming specializes in live dealer games and is an award-winning leader of live casino solutions. The company has several high-tech broadcast studios that operate 24/7 in the UK, Malta and Latvia.
Evolution offers a large number of live casino games, including Live Roulette, Lightning Roulette, Live Blackjack, Live Blackjack Party, Live Baccarat, Live Dragon Tiger, Live Three Card Poker, Live Casino Hold’em, Lightning Dice and the unique money wheel game Live Dream Catcher. Evolution’s live dealer games are available on both desktop and mobile and are exceptionally popular. They have been linked to long term player loyalty and bringing in high revenues.
Other well-known and high-quality industry providers include:
- Scientific Games
- Xpro Gaming
- Realtime Gaming
- NextGen Gaming
- Lightning Box Games
- Golden Hero Games
- Pragmatic Play
- Red Tiger
- Relax Gaming
- Elk Studios
- Leander Games
How to Obtain Game Content for Your Casino
Essentially, you have three options:
- Partner directly with the game provider – Head to the official website of the software company that interest you and get in touch with their support to find out how to open an online casino with their software or how you can add their gaming platform to your site.
- Purchase a white label casino product – Choose an iGaming software provider that offers a while label product (such as any of the company’s offering white label solutions that TCS reviews). A selection of third-party games from the industry’s top providers will be included as part of the ready-to-launch white label package.
- Purchase a turnkey solution – Select a turnkey casino product from an iGaming software provider (such as any of the company’s offering turnkey solutions that TCS reviews). With this solution you can customize your business by choosing the third-party gaming content that you want from the vendors the B2B casino software development company has available.
Additionally, there are also cases where iGaming software providers can provide existing casino businesses with a la cart game services, such as self-service. To find out if this is available, contact the support of the company that interests you.
Without question, the simplest and most straight-forward option, if you wish to offer your players a bulk of games from an array of providers, is to select either a white label or turnkey solution offered by an online gambling software developer that has already established partnerships with several of the industry’s top casino game vendors. For instance, SkillOnNet has partnerships with more than 50 casino games providers and has over 3,000 games available.
How Much Do Game Providers Cost?
Like all things related to starting an online casino business, the cost of games varies depending on a variety of aspects, such as:
- The type of solution you pick (white label, turnkey, etc.)
- If you want live dealer games (these solutions typically come in their own dedicated package)
- If you want slots with progressive jackpots
- If you want a mobile version of your casino
You can expect this development stage of your casino to be $20,000 or higher. In essence, the more you want, the more it costs. For this reason, many entrepreneurs find choosing the white label solution is the easiest and most cost-effective choice.
What to Consider When Looking for the Best Game Provider – Tips
When you are on the hunt for the best casino game providers here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Consider your target audience – Are you targeting players who will be interested in playing only a diverse range of quality slots, or is your goal to reach a broader audience who may also like to play live dealer games? Carefully think about the theme of your casino and how you intend to market it. This will help you to determine what content would be best suited to your brand.
- Content needs to stay fresh – It’s not only important to offer a variety of games to suit different tastes. It is also important to make sure new games are added to the site on a regular basis to keep players interested. Make sure the provider you pick can deliver fresh content on a regular basis.
- More players prefer to play on mobile – Research shows that every year more players choose to enjoy their favourite casino games on mobile compared to other channels. For instance, according to NetEnt’s 2019 Q3 report, mobile games accounted for 65.3% of total game win, an increase from 61% in 2018. Having mobile-friendly games is a must.
- Choose reputable game providers – Learn about the game providers that will be included in your casino. Are they respected in the industry? Are their games popular with players? Do they run special promotions for their games? In what jurisdictions are they the most popular? Are they accredited? The more you understand about these providers and their games, the more confidence you will have in what you are offering to your own customers.
Never hesitate to ask your casino game questions to the provider who is helping you build and/or operate your casino.
Game Providers – Final Thoughts
There are numerous casino game providers in the industry, with new game developers launching all the time. Although you can form a direct partnership with the providers that have the casino games you want to feature on your site, there is an easier way if you seek to fill your site with a variety of high-quality content.
The simplest way is to go through an iGaming software developer that has already procured partnerships with these vendors, giving you easy access to diverse third-party gaming content.
TCS has made it convenient for you to find out what game providers are partnered with the industry’s top casino software companies, via our reviews. Discover what you’re looking for today.